Return to Blog Home Page

10 March 2009

Go Play in the Dirt!

There are numerous conferences available each year. Some are straight technical, some focus on leadership and still others help renew and refresh your faith. There are those driven by marketplace professionals and those driven by Christians doing marketplace stuff...

I attended SXSW last year and got a taste of what it is like to rub shoulders with Adobe, Google, Facebook and Flickr folks. And while it was fun, it was also a bit overwhelming.

I recently saw an advertisement for the Dirt Conference. I visited the website and quickly became excited. I know it doesn't compare with the firepower of a SXSW, but I'm not sure I even want that fire power right now.

What I'm looking for is a smaller venue with less people. And I'm even good with the fact that the majority (if not all) of the speakers are from the Christian community.

I love what's going on in the church right now and I love the future we have ahead of us.

I haven't booked my flights - though I'd love to. It's on my short list for sure.

List of Topics and Presenters.