Return to Blog Home Page

13 July 2009

KNOW1NG Is Half the Battle

I rented the movie Know1ng last night and was surprised a bit by the impact it had on me.

I just told you I love movies that answer The Big Three questions (see recent post) but I also love movies that are eschatological in nature. So I'll typically see them in the theater or as soon as the come out on video.

In this case I just missed it in the theater so when I saw it on On Demand I was quick to check it out.

Again, not a movie that accurately explains what happens at the end of time. But I don't mind. I'm solid in my end time beliefs so it fascinates me to see what people come up with when they have no guidance (like we do with the Bible).

Some takeaways (without ruining the plot of the film):

  • Typical tension between those with religious views and those with scientific minds.
  • Interesting take on the final event that extinguishes the human race.
  • Interesting take on those NOT from this world and how they interact with the humans.
  • Interesting take on the cyclical nature of humanity and the influence/guidance by those NOT of this world.
  • Interesting take on the way the way those NOT of this world communicate and guide those on earth.
I loved the "M. Night Shyamalan" feel of the film - thriller and horror mix that really worked.

Made you think about the relationship between parent and child along with reminding you just how fragile life on earth really is.

I don't know about you, but it's hard for me to stay fired up about the end of time.

Luckily films like this come along and remind you just how relevant it really is.