Return to Blog Home Page

10 February 2007

Volunteer Night

Last year I attended the volunteer celebration as a volunteer. I was cheered for, clapped for and treated like royalty for the evening. It was a great night and it was nice to see how the church felt about those offering their time and talent to make the ministry move forward.

>> Fast forward to last night >>

As a newly hired staff member, I was honored to help others on staff serve our volunteers for an evening. I stocked beverage tables, welcomed people and helped tear things down when the party was over. It was a bit strange being on the other side of the table, but I thank God every day that I get to serve in this capacity.

I was also amazed to see the way the staff pulled together and helped with everything from the arts, to running cameras and audio to setting up and tearing down. At Granger team is everything - and what an incredible team it is.