Return to Blog Home Page

19 May 2009

It's Almost Here

So the day finally arrived. This morning it was announced that the Palm Pre will be available in stores (Sprint Stores, Best Buy, Radio Shack and Wal-Mart) on June 6. This after numerous rumors about release dates and the tight-lipped stance taken by those at Palm and Sprint.

I'm not saying I'm going to line up on the 6th and wait for hours to be told that they are out of stock. I'm just glad the day finally arrived. As a long time Sprint advocate I'm glad there is finally a phone worth waiting for. The amazing technology coupled with my insanely low monthly plan will be a marriage made in heaven...

What I Can't Wait For
I'm excited to see how this thing performs. Especially the following:

  • Connected Calendars & Contacts: Pull in contacts from exchange as well as Facebook and other sites to view in one place.
  • Multiple Activities: Apps run in the background with notifications and easy switching between them.
  • Notifications Bar: See when activity is happening on any of your open/running Apps.
  • Universal Search: Just start typing...the Pre will search your phone first and if it can't find anything it will switch to searching with Google.
  • Combined Messaging: See all incoming messages from someone in one place whether it be email, IM, text etc.
  • The "Puck" as I call it: Charging dock that you don't have to connect to the phone. Just set the Pre on the puck and it charges through the phone cover.
  • Complete list here.
I just can't wait to get rid of my Motorola Q9c!

That's about it for now. I'll let you know what I really think at some point in June :)