Return to Blog Home Page

02 March 2007

My Life is Here

I love attending a growing church.

I grew up in churches where the size of the church was directly proportional to the number of "sworn members" in that location. For example, if you had 300 people in your town that called themselves (insert denomination here) then you built a church that held 350 (so you didn't feel squished and the younger couples could have children...)

Completely different mentality at Granger. The expectation is growth. And the "sworn member" is actually not a member at all. In fact this person is often completely unaware that they will be attending our church. Call it "seeker sensitive," "reaching the lost (un-found)," "taking the message to the world (ever heard of the Great Commission?)" or simply, "making room for our friends."

However you stack it this church has an outward focus that I resonate with. I have been through 3 building campaigns in the past 10 years and I wouldn't have it any other way. Anyone who tells you that adding numbers to your church is a bad thing hasn't read the book of Acts in a while. In fact the only type of church I saw Jesus endorse on earth was the type that added numbers on a regular basis.

Am I allowed to say, "Church is less for the convinced and more for those that are searching?"

The current weekend series and building campaign has been called My Life. Its this whole idea that Her Life, His Life, Their Life and yes, My Life really matter to God.

So I thought I'd just give you a quick overview of the web strategy that accompanied the series/campaign:

  • 5 Week message series titled My Life with typical series page on the website for program, message notes, discussion guides, audio/video links
  • My Life landing page to serve as a one-stop shop for information on the campaign and launch site for other campaign specific content
  • My Life Postcards blog - A site where postcards from people describing their life experience are posted
  • My Life progress blog - A site where construction updates can be posted (future addition)

I think we're in for a great ride. Stop by and join us if you're in the area.